Why use Gtechniq C5 Wheel Armour?
Based on similar technology as our C1 Crystal Lacquer and C4 Permanent Trim Restorer, C5 provides the best protection for wheels, whether standard or alloys.
Because of C5’s unique, exceptionally fine surface rheology and chemical bonding mechanism, its performance is outstanding. The former property gives the coating its excellent stain and contaminant resistance, and the chemical bond formed between the wheel surface and C5 makes the coating durable.
- 1 to 2 years durability
- Repels brake dust making your rims very easy to keep clean
- 15ml is sufficient for rims up to 17". Select 30ml for larger sizes
- Before starting, ensure that you have sufficient product for the job. If you are coating outside faces only, 15ml will be sufficient for rims up to 18". For all other instances we recommend the larger 30ml. Please note that because this is an inorganic coating, it will resist extremely high temperatures so you can also use on brake callipers
- Do not dilute
- Apply at a temperature above 5 degrees celsius and not in direct sunlight
- We recommend wearing protective gloves to prevent the product drying out your skin
- If you are applying indoors ensure that there is adequate ventilation
- Make sure the surface to be coated is entirely free from fats/oils, or previously applied products – for this we recommend wiping your clean rims with Gtechniq Panel Wipe
- Use the lint free application pad supplied to spread the coating onto the surface of your rim
- Once you have spread the product onto a single rim, immediately remove excess product using a Microfibre Cloth
- Allow the coating to cure for 12 hours before getting wet
- C5 is safe to use on all standard fitment rims supplied with new vehicles inluding satin and matte finishes (C5 will not add gloss) and rims that have a bare metal polished look as these will be finished with a clear coat that C5 can bond to
- We do not recommend using C5 Wheel Armour on polished, unlacquered rims in countries that salt roads for ice prevention
- The coating requires no special maintenance and should last for around two years
- When wheels are coated avoid using acid wheel cleaners, coating longevity will be improved if wheels are cleaned with normal car shampoo or citrus degreaser
- Use C5 Wheel Armour within 1 year of purchasing
- Store opened bottles in a dry and cool storage area that's out of direct sunlight
- We recommend only using opened bottles within three months of opening